HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING DESIGN?
I’ve been making websites since 1997, good ‘ole HTML sites put up on Geocities. After a few years, “web logging” became a thing, and I tried out Moveable Type and another “web logging” program (can’t recall its name). Then WordPress was born, and I started messing with it. It became more & more popular so I saw no reason to bother with the other programs. I slowly turned my HTML websites into WordPress-based sites just because it started to be easier to manage them via WordPress instead of page-by-page when they were all plain HTML. 🙂
I started doing graphic design back then as well, and over the years I worked at various publishing companies doing different kinds of page layout/design.
During my stint in academia, getting my Master’s degree in English lit & teaching literature, writing, and grammar to college freshmen, I would make websites for my classes & for various department projects. Back then, people thought it was beyond silly to make websites for classes…a lot has changed. 🙂
HOW DO I PURCHASE WEB DESIGN SERVICES?
Just fill out the contact form and tell me a little about what you have in mind, and I’ll be in touch very soon (usually within a day or two). Once details are decided, I will send you a Paypal invoice (you don’t need a Paypal account to pay their invoices…any card works).
HOW DOES THE PROCESS WORK?
- First, contact me via the site and say hi! I can answer questions, we can iron out what you need & which package would work best for you, or I can create a custom package based on your needs.
- Once the package is agreed upon, I send a Paypal invoice.
- Once it is paid, I then gather info from you that I’ll need.
- I create a graphic mockup of your project, send it to you, and we go back & forth with it to make it what you’re envisioning.
- Once the design is done & you give the go, I shift into the coding part of the project. I put the new theme onto a tester site so you can see it. After final tweaks & changes as needed, it’s ready to install.
- I install & set up the new look, transfer content if it’s part of your package, then send you info about how to use the new theme.
- If you want to use the phone call (and it is part of your package), we can set up a time at the end so I can walk you through the new look.
DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS?
Sometimes, with these conditions:
- Full refund: Only if NO work has been done on your project.
- 2/3 refund: If design work has been done on your project, but it is NOT yet coded.
- No refund: If your project has been coded and you have been sent a tester site, I cannot offer any refunds at that point. My prices are already low, and if I have spent the time to design and code your project, I cannot get that time back if you have changed your mind.
What if I have an emergency?
If you are having an acute emergency with your site, I suggest calling your hosting company first. It’s just me running this site & working on projects, so I sadly can’t offer any kind of 24/7 help or support. If you have an emergency, of course email me, and I will reply as soon as I can. I may not be able to reply right away, though.